Wednesday 21 May 2008

I can haz good results, plz?

Well, yesterday I passed my mock oral exams. Exams are bad enough, but always made worse when they're in a foreign language. I've been living in France for a good four years now, but I'm not entirely fluent, so as you can imagine; I went in feeling slightly overwhelmed.
The worst part was the sheer amount of texts we had to memorize. There were about thirty of them, and we all had to speak for ten minutes about one of them. Some girl in my class faked a panic attack to get out of it. We had all heard horror stories about how bad it was, so I was stressing out.
I went in there and delivered my little commentary, speaking for fifteen minutes, though it felt more like five. The judge then asked me a few questions, and told me I'd done really well.

Yay me.

1 comment: