Thursday 22 May 2008

Music is my drug, baby... Maybe a little beer, too.

First let it be known that I am not, nor ever will, be going to my school wank-a-thon, the school 'prom'. A bunch of odious little shits standing in a room together swaying to shit music, and not a bottle of booze in sight. Damn!
Yes, this is the "fête du lycée". They've really been pushing it on us all this year. Amusingly enough, entry is tied in to their latest attempt to stop everybody from smoking outside the school at recess. They gave out these shitty little badges a few days ago, which could only be gotten by staying inside the school grounds at recess. This badge is also needed if you want to get into the school prom on Saturday.

As this school year inevitably draws to a close, my mind cannot help but go back to arguably the best night out I've had this year, if not my adolescence. La Grande Soirée Au Korri. We invited pretty much everybody in our class; me, Liam, Florian, Jean-Marie, Constance, Lauriane and various friends of theirs. Louis and his mates also turned up.
Anyway, I met up with Liam and Jean-Marie in the early afternoon. They decided to buy booze so we didn't get bored. See, the great thing about France is that you can buy alcohol from the age of 16, unlike in the UK or US. We drank and played cards for a while. JM got very, very ill indeed as he'd drunk at least 4 beers and a whole bottle of Muscat. He spent a whole hour being sick outside, much to the amusement of myself and passers-by.
We eventually got to the Korri, and people started coming. We played several card games, drank... and after that it becomes a little hazy.
I know I smacked Louis for no reason whatsoever. I also broke a couple of glasses stumbling about. I also remember getting back home and being violently sick all over the floor.

Ah... These are the best days of our lives.

No comments: