Friday 16 May 2008

I'm a cynic, I'm a weirdo.

Well, I signed up for that "bloggers unite" thing the day before it was supposed to happen, then changed my mind at the last second.
For those of you not in the know, this "bloggers unite" was an event that took place on the 15th of May, where bloggers throughout the world blog in support of human rights.
While it all sounds fine and dandy, I ultimately decided against it. Why?
Well, in the words of Shiv; I'm a cynic. And that's not an insult.
First of all, I don't actually believe that blogging has the power to change anything politically. I think that compared to direct action, blogging is an act born out of apathy. Many people would rather blog than get out in the streets and protest; because they're less likely to be arrested, and they seem to have that "I don't want to cause trouble" mentality. But whatever. At the end of the day, people can do whatever they want, I'm not here to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do politically.
I'm here to simply address the fact that yes; I'm a cynic. I'm proud of this, because it means I can see the world for what it really is: a garbage dump that we're continually adding to.

Ehn. I need a girlfriend.

No comments: