Thursday 1 May 2008

From the Poetry Vault...

Here are some old and new bits of poetry/lyrics I've written...

"Memento"

I look in the mirror and what do I see?
A forest of eyes staring at me,
I look in the mirror and what do I see?
Classmates I took still laughing at me,

[Refrain]
I wait for you
I talk for you
I run for you
I live for you

I look at her body and what do I see?
Closer to attaining perfect symmetry,
I want to be her and she wants to be me,
I change her and mold her 'till she becomes me

Look into her dead, almond shaped eyes,
The eyes, the eyes, the eyes, the eyes,
When she is reborn, I have a surprise
In the form of a day where everything dies

[Refrain]


"Poisonous Words"

I hear voices talking in my head
They say things that make me see red
I can't believe some of the things they said
They told me that I'd be better off dead

I see people living in hardened sin
Immersed enough to make my head spin
I don't know why I let these people in
They make me retreat inside my second skin

When you spew words of poison
I feel light headed and I start to weep
Your head is full of poison
You make me weary and I want to sleep

This world hurts me in ways I've never known
I need to find my way all on my own
I let out a sigh, a long and weary groan
For I let you cast the first stone


When you spew words of poison
I feel light headed and I start to weep
Your head is full of poison
You make me weary and I want to sleep
This world is full of poison
It gets so much that I just can't stand
People are so full of poison
They go through life selling their own brand

"Society Today"

A man sits on the streets with broken shoes on his feet
He can't get no job, he's an ex-con, got caught on the beat
Next to him lies a dirty broken used syringe
Looking at him, you might think that you'd feel a little tinge of sympathy
But no, instead wherever he goes
People look at him in disgust, and they turn up their nose
"Don't look at him honey" say the moms to their kids
And others hurry by, he's a taboo that society forbids
His lids droop, you'd think that someone would stoop
Down to his level and pick him up, give him some food
And no one does, not the businessmen in their designer suits
They think of him as the part of society that pollutes
National economy denies his right to shelter inside
Under a roof, this is physical proof that the system abides
To the will of the rich, the upper class, the ones who wage wars
The ones who run the stores, sit at home and get bored
While their trophy wives sit and cry themselves to sleep
There ain't no love in a family when you've got money to reap
And the companies know it and they sure use it to their advantage
The world governments screw us over and constantly mismanage
Our money, some of the most beautiful people are ugly
Corrupted by money, drowning in a bottle of bubbly
While the working class strive to live a bearable life
Another cop gets shanked on the streets with a knife
And the moral of this sad, pessimistic tale
Is that the world as we know it is going off the rails
And just look around and you will see just what I mean
Genocide, people dying because they've got no freedom
So what can we do? Should we just sit around,
And wait for this city to burn down to the ground?
We gotta get up and act, shout in a united voice,
"We can change things as long as we've got freedom of choice!"
We don't have to follow what the government says
We are individuals, we go through life at our own pace
We can make a change so that no one will live poor
And the youth of the nation won't have to die in wars
You may say I'm an idealist but since when was that bad?
It doesn't make me a pushover, it doesn't make me mad
All I want is mankind to realize we're all one
If we can't do that, I fear the end has begun


Huzzah for crap poetry! More to come.

No comments: